In addition to what you would expect from any family medicine clinic, we utilize many different modalities in our attempt to improve your quality of health, whether it is pharmaceutical or nutraceutical.
Routine primary care is provided for newborns to adults. We do everything that a primary care practice does plus we deliver it in an integrative way. This includes routine physicals, gynecological care (including pap smears), same day visits for acute conditions, and chronic disease management.
The Defining Principles of Integrative Medicine
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development
What is Integrative Medicine? – Andrew Weil, M.D. from Andrew Weil, M.D. on Vimeo.